We always welcome new club members. Please look below to see which session or sessions are right for you or your child and then please just come along. Alternatively, if you would like to contact us beforehand then please complete your details under the ‘Contact Us’ link. The first two sessions are free of charge which gives you an opportunity to decide whether to continue or not, the costs are then £1 per session. Therefore, if you are attending on Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday it will be £3. We will also ask you to become a member if you or your child wishes to continue to train and hopefully compete with us. Please refer to the section below regarding becoming a member of the club. Please also be aware that, if you are not a member you are not covered by insurance and also you will not be able to compete for the club.
Saturdays: Usually School years reception to year 8 – Fun, Friendship & Competition
The sessions on Saturday mornings run between 9.00am and 10.30am at Five Acres Athletics Track, Lakers School, Berry Hill near Coleford. It only costs £1 and you only pay when you come. The emphasis is placed upon fun, fun, fun and a of course competition. We meet every week during term time and school holidays, please come along and have a go. In the summer we are outside and in the winter we meet in the gym next to the track. PS. While your children are having fun why not come for a run yourself at the Forest of Dean Parkrun. Every Saturday at 9am just across the road from the club. If you enjoy your time with us and wish to continue training, then we will ask you to join the club. To join us, please just come along to the club on a Saturday or contact us by clicking HERE
Tuesdays and Thursdays: Usually School years 4 to 12 – Competition, Fitness & Training
Tuesday and Thursday sessions concentrate on essential skills, training tips, warm up, injury prevention, track etiquette and all the health and safety aspects of athletics. We welcome everyone, whatever their ability and encourage as many people as we can to compete for the club, whether you take a serious approach to competitive athletics or do it just for the fun of it. These sessions are also £1 and you only pay when you come, however, like with Saturday sessions, if you enjoy your time with us and wish to continue training, we will ask you to join the club. Again, we meet at Five Acres Athletics Track, Berry Hill, near Coleford during term time and the holidays between 6.15pm and 7.30pm. To join us, please just come along to the club on a Tuesday or Thursday, or contact us by clicking the link above
Mondays: Usually School years reception to year 8 – Fun, Friendship & Competition
The sessions on Monday’s run between 5.00pm and 6.00pm at Severnbanks School in Lydney. It only costs £1 and you only pay when you come. The emphasis is placed upon fun, fun, fun and a of course competition. We meet every week during term time and school holidays (except on any bank holidays), please come along and have a go. To join us, please just come along to the club on a Saturday or contact us by clicking the link above
The Code of Conduct
General (Please see link within the membership form for the full code of conduct)
- Treat others with the same respect and fairness that you wish to receive
- Uphold the same values off the track/field as you do when engaged in athletics
- Anticipate your own needs, be organised and on time
- Thank those who help you participate in athletics
- Inform your coach of any other coaching you receive
- Show patience with and respect diversity in others
- Act with dignity at all times
- Notify a responsible adult if you have to go somewhere
- Strictly maintain a clear boundary between friendship and intimacy with a coach, official or other person with whom you train
- Use safe transport or travel arrangements
- Avoid destructive behaviour and leave athletics venues as you find them
- Never engage in any illegal or irresponsible behaviour
- Challenge anyone whose behaviour falls below the expected standards of ‘Athletics Welfare’
- Speak out immediately if anything makes you concerned or uncomfortable ( Telling your Parents / Carers and or the Club Welfare Officer ) or if you suspect a club mate has suffered from misconduct by someone else
And also for Junior Athletes in particular
- Do not respond if someone seeks private information, unrelated to athletics e.g. home life
- Never accept a lift in cars or invitations into homes on your own or without the prior knowledge and consent of your parent/carer
Code of Conduct for Parents / Guardians
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
Our membership runs from April to March and the fees are as follows.
Training only Membership – Full Year
Under 18 & full-time students £10
Competitive Membership – (NB Includes EA affiliation fee)
Under 11 (ie born after 31/8/2006) (no EA fee) £10
Over 11 & under 18 on 01/09/17, £24
& full-time students
Family membership –
£30 plus England Athletics fee of £14 per competing family member over 11 on 1st September 2017, ie born on or before 31/08/06.
Athletes who choose not to pay the England Athletics registration fee cannot represent the club in cross country, track and field, or sports hall.
It is a requirement of membership that all members agree to comply with the Codes of Conduct. These should be read prior to completing the online application form.
Applying for membership
Applications for new membership are now online. To join the club online select the applicable category on the registration page linked below and fill in the form. Payment will be requested on completion of the form. For anyone not wishing to pay online we can arrange to accept payment by cheque or cash – please email to arrange this.
Any problems email Cherry Fowler: firstname.lastname@example.org